Technology is the only means that now brings the world closer together and help to solve many of our day-to-day challenges. In every phase, technology evokes a range of emotions in people from all walks of life. Android, the hot trending mobile operating system developed by Google used in several smartphones and tablets. This Android operating system (OS) is based on the Linux kernel. Android is an open source platform, where developers can modify and customize the OS for any mobile phone. That’s the reason behind different Android-based smartphones to often have different graphical user interfaces [ GUIs] even though running the same OS.
Android is evolving periodically with latest trends to meet the upcoming tech demands, starting from Alpha version 1.0 in 2008 to recent Nougat 7.1.1. This is bringing a vast change in mobile field and almost diversified the user experience compared with earlier versions.
Now let’s explore the latest release Android 7.1.1 Nougat Highlights
- This update allows Google phones to be restarted from the shutdown menu. This is a nice replacement for the traditional way of restarting a device, which consisted of turning off the handset completely followed by a reboot.
- App Shortcuts has been upgraded by enabling drag to shortcuts from different apps directly to the home screen. This feature makes the whole experience much more versatile.
- Quick Toggles bar has been revamped with new options for prime elements such as brightness or Wi-Fi added to the main notification panel so that there is no more requirement for extra swiping or tapping to get to the quick toggles.
- Smartphones with Facebook messenger enable GIF feature which lets user to add GIFs to conversations instantly. A similar feature will be available in Android 7.1.1 Nougat, enhancing the messaging experience with the ability to bring an unexpected comedic twist.
- In this latest update, Google offers several emoji skin tones and this greatly interacts with users and provide more variation.