iOS and Android mobile app development
- Android Mobile App for bellhops
- iOS Mobile App, used by the customers
- Location of Bellhop would be updated every 5 seconds in the map
Client owns a chain of restaurants in Italy, they are the one among leading food service providers offering service in multiple parts of the country. They wish to deliver food for their customers via mobile app to reach them instantly
- The client required a Food Delivery Service mobile app, and its goal is to offer an on-demand platform for the food delivery to end-users.
- Their service uses some bellhops to transport the food from restaurant to the end-user’s house.
- The customers / end users will use the iOS app which should enable them to order and pay for food items online once order has been placed.
- They should be able to know who the bellhop is and when the food items would be delivered to them by the bellhop.
- The bellhop would use Android app to know the list of orders that are still not picked by any other bellhop and so they could decide on which order to pick up based on their location.
- Once the order is placed, end users should be able to know the details of bellhop and his location.
What We Did
The project has been mainly divided into 3 components:
- A Management System where the administrators can access and manage the platform
- An Android Mobile App, owned by the bellhops, that sends the exact position in every 5 seconds where they are, along with information such as: latitude, longitude and time.
- Admin can send messages and set reminders for client. Also the client’s dashboard could be designed by Admin to have the selected widgets in the client’s home screen of the app.
- The details would be updated to customers when the bellhop picks an order from a list of orders that are yet to be picked up for delivery.
- An iOS Mobile App, used by the customers to order food by their mobile phone. A list of restaurants would be displayed to the customers to choose for food items.
- List of restaurants could be filtered based on categories.
- Options to view nearby restaurants were provided to the customers.
- The customers could pay for the food items online and they could track the Bellhop’s current location to know the details of order delivery
- App let the users to play either admin or client role.
- The location of Bellhop would be updated every 5 seconds in the map which could be seen by the customers.
- Options to call or send messages to bellhop are provided if in case the customers wish to contact the bellhop.
- Provisions to see the history of orders booked, current orders and past orders can be viewed by the customers.