Android mobile app for calculating the distance travelled in pilgrimage
- Easy distance travelled calculation with color differentiation
- Keyspot & hotspot identification with instant alerts
- Current location spotting
- Google map integration with GPS
- View Image of the current place
The Client was maintaining a web portal for a holy place with his personal interest, the portal encompass information about that holy place with its pilgrimage details, which enlightens divinity of the place.
- Client required a mobile app which has to be integrated with Google map to display selected pilgrimage route
- It has to be in android platform adaptable in mobile devices and tablets.
- Users avail the paid version of the app by downloading it from the Google Play Services in to their mobile and tablet.
- The mobile application should be built with predefined route.
- Administrator should be given privilege to set any no. of hot spots around the predefined route
- The hot spot must have an Image, description and details
- When a user tap on the spot, a detailed description page should be opened in next screen
- Admin will manage ads which would be displayed at bottom of the app.
- The images uploaded by admin should be displayed to the users.
- App users would be able to view their present position and distance with respect to starting point and end point.
- Client also required managing hot spots around the route and scrolling ads in the app page
What We Did
- As per the requirement, app has been integrated with Google map to display the selected route by default. The app would be available in Google Play Store so the user can install the app in their Android mobile devices.
- ‘Terms and Conditions’ of the app will be displayed only at the first time of application launch, along with provisions to view that later.
- An alert will be generated to turn ON GPS, when the app is launched every time to track the user. A custom GPX file is provided to set the keyspots from the predefined route will be uploaded in the Admin panel.
- The app displays Google maps with the predefined route keyspots and hotspots (as markers) in the home screen of the app.
- A button has been provided to start the pilgrimage journey; if the user clicks the start button then they will be tracked through GPS from their mobile device.
- If the GPS is not turned ON at the time of app launch, an alert will be displayed and makes the user to turn ON GPS.
- By making use of this user will get the details like distance covered from their starting point and the remaining distance to reach the end point with color differentiation on the map, distance in kms and the walking time that will be taken to cover the remaining distance.
- Once the users reach the destination, the users have to manually switch OFF the GPS to avoid draining of the battery in their mobile devices.
- The users also get notifications when they are nearer to any keyspots or hotspots. On tapping any hotspot / keyspot, a snippet will be displayed and it will be navigated to the detailed screen of the respective hotspot / keyspot.
- Admin has given privileges to control Ads which has to be displayed to the users,. Users can also view the images uploaded by admin in app gallery section and also information about the place.
- App would guide the users throughout their journey
- User get details on distance already covered and distance yet to be covered at any instance
- Users would receive notifications when they are nearby keyspots or any places of interest along the route, so that they would not miss any places around the path
- App is provided with multi-lingual option