Windows Phone Application Development for a digital agency with expertise in online and mobile solutions.
- Customization traits
- Easier navigation
- Loads faster
- Optimized for touch interface
- Improved quality and performance
Client is an innovative digital agency with expertise in online and mobile solutions. They develop unique digital products and services that support and focus on providing value to the organizations and strengthen their business bottom-line by increasing sales and reducing costs. They have made everything from mobile time entry applications for games and mobile friendly websites.
The client wanted to develop a Windows Phone App for OS 8 with the following requirements:
- Create the timeline for adding the Photos, Videos, Voice Messages, Text Files and adding the Maps with pushpin markers
- Each Timeline has an option to add or remove as a favorite timeline
- Option to delete all the items in particular timeline with confirmation
- Option to delete the timeline
- Company Logo should be displayed based on the theme of the Windows Phone. Say for example, if it’s Black theme, logo will be in white color and vice-versa.
- Maps have an option with Aerial, Road mode, Zoom IN, OUT mode.
- All these requirements can be used only with the Windows Phone (with OS 8) default functions / factory settings.
What We Did
ANGLER studied the client’s business process and clearly captured / conceptualized their needs. Based on the superficial study, ANGLER developed a customized Windows Phone App for OS 8 using the Windows Phone simulator with screen resolution on WXGA. App has a splash screen with the company logo and the caption of the Logo. App also has a welcome screen to display the dynamic text with swiping touch enabled. When a user swipes the screen (either from left to right or from right to left), the screen moves to main screen. In main screen the user can add the new timeline which appears in the modal window / popup screen.
Timeline feature has been created with dynamic menus in the popup screen. When user clicks the menu the screen moves to next screen for adding the timeline items like Photos, Videos, Voice, Text File and Maps. Once the item gets added to the particular timeline, the list of added items will be generated dynamically and are displayed in that particular timeline. Vertical menu has been created for easier and better navigation. When a user clicks the timeline items, it will get opened in the modal window along with the item description. The popup screen / modal window also have a screen share option to share the screen with other users.
The following benefits were derived from the Windows Phone App:
- User-friendly mobile application with rich user experience
- User can add the Photos, Videos, Text Files, Voice Messages, Maps with notes for each timeline
- Users can share the added timeline items with other users
- Favorite timeline can be accessed easily from the welcome screen itself
- In the MAP, user can add their own text to be shown in pushpin markers and other location can be added using the latitude and longitude
- Application works based on the Windows Phone theme settings
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Improved profit margins